Thursday, November 05, 2009

Update on my ministry

Dear friends,

I’m writing to update you on what I’m doing, and to ask for your help in doing it.

Last October I began functionally leading CTI Music Ministries as our Executive Vice President during a transition period after our president moved on from the organization. In February of this year, our Board of Directors officially named me as CTI’s Executive Director.

I first became involved with CTI in 2000 as a missions team leader, serving in that volunteer capacity for two years before returning to work in private business. In April of 2004, I moved to Willmar, Minnesota to join the fulltime staff of CTI as the Program Director – a position I held until the transition that began last fall.

My work on the program side of our ministry (as both a participant and the director) has kindled in me a passion to see Christ more fully formed in the lives of those who follow him, and to see his Church fully embrace and live out his commission to “train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life” (Matt. 28:19, MSG).

Over the last year, I’ve led CTI through a re-visioning process that has been centered on defining how we as an organization will seek to live out this great commission. Through this process, we have refined our ministry focus with respect to two specific groups of people: those to whom we go, and those whom we send.

It is now our highest aim to “make disciples of all nations” by developing Christian leadership and character in young musicians, training them in servanthood, awareness, and the active sharing of their faith, and mobilizing them in partnership with the church and other established Christian organizations worldwide to support mission and ministry through the impact of music.

I am now building a team of people who will commit to supporting me as I lead CTI in pursuit of this vision, and I would like to invite you to be a part of this team. I’m specifically seeking partners who will support me through regular financial contributions to CTI. My goal is to raise $10,000 in ministry support per year.

There is an exciting reason to contribute to CTI right now: two of our local supporters have stepped forward with offers to match donations made in response to this letter. If you are able to respond to this request,
your first contribution in support of my ministry will be worth three times the value of your gift.

If you are able to contribute, please visit www.ctimusic.org/donate and click “support a team member.”

I would ask you to consider establishing a monthly gift of $15 or more through our secure online site, which allows you to schedule recurring donations with great flexibility. You can also make one-time gifts online.

I’m also seeking people who will pray specifically that God would give me the wisdom, inspiration, vision and courage I need daily to lead this organization. If you would like to commit to being such a person, please let me know, and I’ll keep you informed with specific prayer requests from time to time.

If you’re interested in learning more about CTI, visit our website at www.ctimusic.org. You can also find us on facebook (facebook.com/ctimusic) for pictures, videos, and real-time stories from the field which illustrate the ongoing process of training those we meet, far and near, in this way of life… and discovering along the way that we too are being trained as we work out what it means to live our lives in service to our Lord.

Thanks for your consideration, and may you enjoy God’s blessings this holiday season!

-Chris


P.S. - In non-CTI news, I got married last month! Pictures at facebook.com/careed

1 comment:

Mr. Cherry said...

Dude, congratulations on EVERYTHING!!