Monday, May 12, 2008

Optimist/Pessimist

This is apparently a famous saying. I've never heard it before. If it isn't completely true, it's at least something I can appreciate:

Pessimists are usually right. Optimists are usually wrong, but most great changes were made by optimists.


I don't know what to make of that, other than to chuckle and go... "yeah, probably so."

But I doubt the optimists would have survived to make their great changes without us pessimists around (and apparently, I'm usually right.)

I marvel at the symbiotic nature of creation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally... a blog! seriously, man. of all the things to blog, and this is what you drop? give me some of the goods! some struggling with humanity stuff. I know you got it in you. Vomit it up on the blog before it disappears into the subconscious.